In this article, we’re going to expose the sounds and songs that are trending on Instagram reels, right now.
Instagram reels are not only fun short videos everyone is checking on Instagram, but are a great instrument for organic growth.
It is probably the most effective format of content on Instagram today, IG reels bring 67% of more engagement than standard Instagram videos. Long story short, Instagram reels can be quite a magic wand to grow your account, but it works only when you use them right. One part of that is using the current trending music for them.
Finding the right soundtracks takes time. If you don’t have the time to go over hundreds of Instagram reels, this article is going to save your precious time!
This guide is being updated constantly with new trending sounds so jump on these latest Reel trends in time before they fizzle out.
Those who have already tried to find trending songs on their own, know for sure how challenging it is due to a variety of reasons. A few of them are:
- Unfortunately, Instagram hasn’t created (yet?) any way or page to see with just a few clicks the list of the most popular songs/audios for/from Reels.
- What’s a lullaby of Reels? TikTok. Instagram Reels Trends are changing very fast, as quickly as TikTok trends, so posts on alleged viral songs and audios for IG Reels become outdated really quickly.
- Many popular Reels tracks come from TikTok in a re-uploaded way and are missing important information about the original artist. Too complicated “to find out to the roots”.
Still, there are a few ways to find ideas for reel sounds that will work well for you.
The first one is by picking a sound from the list below. Bookmark this article to have easy access to this resource.
Analyzing other successful accounts in your niche
All you need to do is to choose successful accounts or hashtags from your niche and analyze them with the software. The rest will be done by your content analyzer, ViralSpy. It is very simple to use this tool. It’s designed to save you time and provides you content to curate in no time compared to trying to do it manually.
Here is how you find trending reels:
Step 1: Signup to Viralspy in order to create a report. You can create reports with multiple accounts and hashtags on different topics you’re interested in.
Step 2: Create a report using accounts from your niche. For example, I am running a memes account so I am going to analyze the accounts @9gag, @pubity, @memezar and the hashtags #memes, #dailymemes and #funny.
Step 3: When Viralspy analyzes the accounts it find their best performing content and shows it to you. It looks at all of the content formats these accounts were using, including reels. To view only the top reels, filter the report by the media type “video”.
You open them on Instagram to save the audio or download them to your device in order to use it as a reference when you create your own content.
The third option is to do it manually. Here is a top on how to do that: the Instagram Reels algorithm likes repetition. It means that it will play the same track numerous times in a row or within a short period of time. When you’re going through the reels feed and you feel “This is it! This’s the most frequently played audio”, tap the track icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
It will take you to that specific audio page. If you see an upwards arrow on the number of Reels that have used the audio, then that is a good sign that the audio may be trending, or at the very least, growing in popularity.
If the number of Reels is a few tens of thousands, or if it’s marked with an upwards arrow – it is a good indicator, as it means this audio is at the very least rising in popularity.
Save it. You could then pick it from your saved sounds.
The last option, the fourth, is to follow paged that creates content about trending reel sounds.
- Every week @myanichol does a new Reel about the most trending audios and sounds. Nice!
- In this account @karbrulhart you will find Instagram Reel Trend’s tutorials and useful info about viral songs and audios. Wonderful!
- Staying up to date on current TikTok trends is also a good idea since most IG Reels trends appear there first.
- Won’t miss mentioning the official Instagram account for IG Creators @creators, which posts a weekly trendy roundup. Didn’t you know it? Check out further how it looks!
- Research what worked best for other accounts in your niche with Viralspy.
You have (1) new follower…
That feeling when you get this notification…
New followers come when you make great content,
Viralspy helps you grow organically by providing you insights on what content will work best for you.
List of Trending Songs on Instagram Reels
“IG VS Reality” Reel
Post a video to this audio where you reveal all the funny differences between the expectation and how it actually is in reality. Anything! Places/views, actions, emotions, goals, or any other idea which comes to your mind while you are reviewing similar examples.
Post a video to this audio gesturing as if you were snatching something with your hands before suddenly transitioning to a powerful look.
Post a video to this Reel audio where you show an unexpected move from an ordinary place where you used to live or stay, to the place that is a journey of your dreams.
“Do It With Pizzazz” Reel
Post a video where you are lip-syncing to this reels song and sharing “what boosts your mood when you’re not feeling great”.
“She’s Buff” Reel
Post a video to this reel song doing a dance where you show off and flex your muscles and shimmy.
“Like That” Reel
Post a video to this reel song where you dance and hype yourself up before doing a split.
Post a video to this audio in which the text overlay refers to a question that other people have asked you and your response is “Everyday. Not all day every day, but every day”.
“I’m Gonna Have to Go and Disagree With You There” Reel
Post a video to this audio that includes lip sync and a text overlay illustrating circumstances in which you would disagree with someone.
“Glitch Recap” Reel
Post a video to this sound that starts with a shot of a “title” of your video in white text on a black background in your laptop, then go to a cool montage of clips, but with a “glitchy transition” that takes a few tries to launch.
“Dear Diary, I Love My Life” Reel
Post a video to this audio where the words “Dear diary, I love my life” pop up on the screen in time with the words, with a quick montage of aesthetic photos/moments from your life as quickly as the music gets louder.
“Today, Tomorrow, Thursday Afternoon” Reel
Post a video to this ig reel audio with a text overlay presented as a question to which you would respond “today, tomorrow, Thursday afternoon….”
“Addicted to This” Reel
Post a video to this ig reel audio showing something you’re addicted to.
“Come On, Brain” Reel
Post a video to this Instagram reel audio with a text overlay that explains comical circumstances in which you’re trying to make your brain work and think carefully of something.
“Play This Audio for Your Dog” Reel
Post a video to this Instagram reels audio showing your dog’s reaction to hearing the sound.
“This Audio Makes Your Last Video Hot” Reel
Post your most recent video using this reels sound and ask to comment on it.
Are you still looking for more popular Instagram songs for your Reels to apply your own ideas? We are totally ready to keep checking what’s up on Reels by far:
The 80+ Best Trending Songs for Instagram Reels in Summer 2022
This trending IG Reels songs chart will help you become viral without putting much effort:
1. Hold Me Closer – Cornelia Jakobs
2. Lonely World – K-391, Victor Crone
3. Potion – Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa, Young Thug
4. True Love – Kanye West, XXXTENTACION
5. I Just Called – NEIKED, Anne-Mariei, Latto
6. 7 Summers – Morgan Wallen
7. Stefania – Kalush Orchestra
8. One Margarita – Luke Bryan
9. Girl – Marren Moris
10. Shake The Frost – Tyler Childers
11. Someone You Loved – Teddy Swims
12. Words – Alesso, Zara Larsso
13. Get Lucky – Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers, Daft Punk
14. Me on Whiskey – Morgan Wallen
15. Dance With Me – Thomas Rhett
16. How Not To – Dan and Shay
17. Miss Me More – Kelsea Ballerini
18. City Girl – Ryan Hurd
19. Chasin After You – Ryan Hurd, Maren Morris
20. Neon Fools – Adam Doleac
21. As It Was – Harry Styles
22. After A Few – Travis Denning
23. I Hope (feat. Charlie Puth) – Gabby Barrett
24. When Was It Over? – Sashs Sloan, Sam Hunt
25. The South – FGL, The Cadillac Three & Dierks Bentley
26. One Man Band – Old Dominion
27. Stolen Dance – Milky Chance
28. You Should Probably Leave – Chris Stapleton
29. Jersey On The Wall – I’m Just Asking – Tenille Towns
30. Be Like That – Kane Brown ft. Swae Lee & Khalid
31. Seaside – Billy Currigton
32. Primadonna – MARINA
33. Run – Lauen Alaina
34. When I Die – Brett Eldridge
35. One Beer – HIXTAPE, Hardy, Lauren Alaina, Davin Dawson
36. Wait A Minute! – WILLOW
37. Just About Over You – Pariscill aBlock
38. Oh My Sweet Caroline – Ryan Adams
39. Still Smoking – RaeLynn
40. Cover Me Up – Morgan Wallen
41. Drinking Alone – Carrie Underwood
42. Single Saturday Night – Cole Swindell
43. Dopamine – Purple Disco Machine, Eyelar
44. Lady – Brett Young
45. I won – Ty Dolla $ign, Jack Harlow, 24kGoldn
46. Hit em Hard – Offset, Trippe Redd, Kevin Gates. Lil Durk, King Von
47. Fast Lane – Don Toliver, Lil Durk, Latto
48. Beggin’ – Maneskin
49. Sweater Weather – The Neighbourhood
50. Happier Than Ever – Billie Eilish
51. STAY – Kid Lario and Justin Beiber
52. Bad Habits – Ed Sheeran
53. About Damn Time – Lizzo
54. &burn – Billie Eilish and Vince Staples
55. Heartbreak Anthem (with David Guetta) – Galantis, Davis Guetta, Little Mix
56. First Class – Jack Harlow
57. Bam Bam – Camila Cabello, Ed Sheeran
58. Good 4 u – Olivia Rodrigo
59. Run – One Republic
60. Seaside_demo – SEB
61. Chiquitita x Abba spedup
62. Where Are You Now – Lost Frequencies, Calum Scott
63. Levitating – Dua Lipa
64. Your Power – Billie Eilish
65. Hey Boy – Iselin Leine, Botalii
66. Love Race (Feat. Kellin Quinn) – Machine Gun Kelly
67. Peaches – Justin Bieber
68. Lil Bit – Florida Geogria Line and Nelly
69. The Motto – Tiesto, Ava Max
70. Already Best Friends – Jack Harlowe and Chris Brown
71. Hey Gringo – KALEO
72. Cover Me In Sunshine – P!nk
73. Heat Waves – Glass Animals
74. Riverside – Kavin Lake, Tydem
75. Cold Heart (REMIX) – Elton John, Dua Lipa, PNAU
76. When I’m Gone – Alesso, Katty Perry
77. Better Days – NEIKED, Mae Muller, Polo G
78. Enemy – Imagine Dragons, JID, Arcane, League of Legends
79. Don’t Be Shy – Tiesto, KAROL G
80. Stay – The Kid LAROI, Kustin Bieber
81. Leave Before You Love Me – Marshmello, Jonas Brothers
82. So Damn Low – Iselin Leine
83. Flowers – Lauren Spencer-Smith
The following chart is trending according to the official @creators account presented during the last weeks:
1. Snatched – Big Boss Vette
2. Like That – Doja Cat
3. Somebody to you – The Vamps (feat Demi Lovato)
4. Pizzazz – Akintoye
5. She’s Buff – Ssj9k
6. The Hart Part 5 – Kendrick Lamar
7. ZOOM – Jessi
Trending Songs on Instagram Reels: Sorted for Every Mood 2022
The mood vibes determine the sort of content and give the Reels a certain feeling. To get the best out of that 30-second spot, you can try the following audios according to the atmosphere of your video:
Moody Songs for Reels:
- After Hours – The Weeknd
- I’ll Be The Moon- Dierks Bentley
- Shake The Frost – Tyler Childers
- Saving Us A Riot – Phoria
- Numb (Chill Mix) – Elderbrook
- Lovely – Billie Eilish and Khalid
- Helium – Sia
- Never Tear Us Apart – Bishop Briggs
- Earned It – The Weeknd
- Diamonds – Sam Smith
- Bom Bidi Bom – Nick Jonas
- Love Me Like You Do- Ellie Goulding
- DNA – Lea Marie Johnson
- Cardigan – Taylor Swift
- Salted Would – Sia
Instrumental Music for Ig Reels:
- Sunset Lover- Petit Biscuit
- Chopin Waltz No.7
- Fur Elise, WoO 59
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Kina Grannis
- Gabriel’s Oboe – Ennio Maricone
- Satie/ Orch. Ducros: Gymnopedie No. 1 – Erik Satie
- Mozart’s Turkish March
- Symphony No. 6 in B Minor, Op.74 – Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky
- River Flows In You – Toby Jacobs
- Chopin: Nocturne No. 2 in E-Flat Major
- Nature Geography – Original Audio
- Prologue- John Williams
- Norwegian Rain – David Lanz
- One Last Night – Vaults
- Rigoletto / act 3: “La Donna e Mobile” – Giuseppe Verdi
1. Believer – Imagine Dragons
2. Dance With Me – Thomas Rhett
3. Renegades – X Ambassadors
4. Feel It Still – Portugal. The Man
5. Sunday Best – Surfaces
6. Lighthouse (Andrelli Remix) – Hearts & Colors
7. Fire on Fire – Sam Smith
8. One Margarita – Luke Bryan
9. Backyard Boy – Claire Rosenkranz
10. Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
11. Watermelon Sugar – Harry Styles
12. Stunnin (feat. Harm Franklin) – Curtis Waters
13. Capital Letters – Hailee Steinfeld
Chill Vibes for your Instagram reels:
1. Are You Bored Yet (ft. Cairo) – Wallows
2. I’ve Gott You- Jack Botts
3. Draw Me A Map – Dierks Bentley
4. Yellow Bird – Ben Stevenson
5. Dreams – Fleetwood Mac
6. Little Light – Lewis Watson
7. Beach Baby- Bon Iver
8. All I Want – Kodaline
9. Oceans – Seafret
10. Soul Meets Body – Death Cab for Cutie
11. Broken Bones – Kaleo
12. When the Night is Over – Lord Huron
13. Island In The Sun – Weezer
14. Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) – Stevie Wonder
15. Midnight Sky – Petit Biscuit
Trending Lip-Sync Instagram Songs
Do you want to lip-sync to some of the most popular songs, actors, movie scenes, or TV show lines?
Check these out on Instagram reels:
- “Come back! Come back!” – Rose talking to Jack in the Titanic movie
- “Ok Natalie, say it with me: We don’t need it. I wanna get it”
- “Are we supposed to know what we’re doing? No? Great! just checking”
- “So what do you do for a living? My best Tom. I do my best.”
- “How does it feel to live MY DREAM?!”
- “I’m sorry I just hallucinated. What?!”
- “At first I was like: Aaaaah! But now that I have had time to absorb it, it’s all working out” – Ross in Friends
- “Is it easy? No. Do I like it? No. But do I do it? Yeah I do” – The Office
- “No I don’t think you understand. I’m OBSESSED” – Nicky Minaj
- “I saw that going differently in my mind” – Will Smith
- “Check me out, check me out. Boom, Bam, BAM!”
- “People think I’m obsessed with it. But I’m ok with it. I’m obsessed with it”
- “Alright, so I got these, these, those”
- “What do you want? It’s not that’s simple. What do you want?”
- “What makes you happy?”
With such a huge variety of the Reels songs, accounts, and content that change fast it’s cool to have a tool that selects for you the most successful results. ViralSpy does exactly what we need in this case: helps us to see which ones of the existing reels have already bombed or keep performing greatly till now.
More trends collected from around the internet
- Graduation Group Transition 🎓
It’s graduation season! While playing @thevamps’ “Somebody to You,” film a clip running towards the camera, propped up on the ground, in your everyday look. Then film yourself running away from the camera in the opposite direction in your graduation cap and gown. Turn to face the camera at the end to complete your transition.
Pro Tip: Jump as you reach the camera and show the landing for an added transition!
Audio: Somebody to You – The Vamps feat. Demi Lovato
2. Snatched 💄
Ready to “snatch” everyone’s attention? Lip sync @Bigbossvette’s lyrics “Snatched”, gesturing as if you were snatching something with your hands before suddenly transitioning to your favorite bold makeup look.
Pro Tip: Tag the products you used to create your look in your Reel description.
Audio: Snatched – Big Boss Vette
3. Look at me! 👀
Switch things up with this new editing style that makes you “loop” your video, transitioning from a different point of view. Film yourself staring at the camera before suddenly having the camera switch angles, filming as if from someone else’s perspective before coming back to your first angle to achieve the “looping” effect.
Pro Tip: Use text overlay to explain what “POV” you’re acting out using the loop editing effect.
Audio: Look at Me (Freestyle) – Bammbreezy Montana
Cool, isn’t it? Bookmark this page so you can refer back to it, and we hope it comes in handy for all your future Reels content creation!
All the steps we mentioned previously were used in order to identify the IG Reels viral songs and audio lists. We’ve also provided links for “original audios” so they’re easier to find.
Let’s keep going to our viral charts right now.
How to Add Trending Songs to Instagram Reels?
Here are a few simple steps to follow:
1. Open the Instagram App.
2. Tap on the Instagram Story icon on the top left corner of the screen.
3. At the bottom, slide right to select the Reels option.
4. Click on the Music icon.
5. Browse trending Reel Songs and after finding the one you need, click on it.
6. The song page is opened, slide the bar at the bottom of the screen to choose the song’s part you want to apply.
7. Tap the Done button on the right side of your screen.
Great! Your reel is ready to explode the platform with the trending Instagram reels songs.
Don’t underestimate reels in your growth strategy! These are super popular Instagram Reels songs and sounds for any kind of account you manage whether it is fashion, travel, lifestyle, business, food, etc. Create as many reels as you want with different songs and try different trends for your niches. Let them get you more engagement and new followers! Do it regularly, announce about them in your stories and enjoy the process of getting your content in the trends.
Have fun creating your Reels and let it be VIRAL!